This page lists the groovy code and installation instructions to install a custom device handler over your SmartThings hub and form part of the larger Smart Switch 6 user guide.
For users using SmartThings Hub, Smart Switch 6 may require custom device type support until SmartThings adds native compatibility with the sensor.
Developer Robert Vandervoort and jbisson has created a custom device type for Smart Switch 6 and published it to Github for the public to use it. (https://github.com/robertvandervoort/SmartThings) Please make sure to choose which device handler you'd like to use.
Currently we recommend using jbisson custom device handler for Smart Switch 6.
SmartThings Hub Instructions for creating your own Device Handler:
Smart Switch 6 Github code by jbisson
Smart Switch 6 Github code by Robert Vandervoort
Follow the steps below:
- Login to Web IDE and click on the "My Device Types" link on the top menu (login here: https://graph.api.smartthings.com/)
- Click on "Location" to select your gateway
- Select your gateway under this tab.
- Create a new Device Handler by clicking on "New Device Handler" button in the upper-right corner.
- Click on "From Code."
- Copy Robert's or jbisson code from Github, and paste it into the code section. Jbissons code is here:
Click on "Save"
Click on "Publish" then "Publish for me.
- Install it on your Smart Switch 6 by going to "My Devices" page in the IDE
- Find your Smart Switch 6.
- Go to the bottom of the page for the current Smart Switch 6 and click on "Edit."
- Find the "Type" field and select your device handler. (should be located at the bottom of the list as Aeon Labs Smart Switch 6).
- Click on "Update"
- Save Changes