As a part of our Gen5 range of products, Recessed Door Sensor Gen5 is firmware upgradable. Some gateways will support firmware upgrades over-the-air (OTA) and have Recessed Door Sensor Gen5's firmware upgrades packaged as part of their platform. For those that don't yet support such upgrades, Recessed Door Sensor Gen5's firmware can be upgraded using Z-Stick from Aeotec and Microsoft Windows.
Notes - Before updating, make sure you keep the sensor as close as possible to the controller that is performing the update to avoid any possible communication errors.
To upgrade your Recessed Door Sensor Gen5 using a Z-Stick or any other general Z-Wave USB Adapter:
- If your Recessed Door Sensor Gen5 is already part of a Z-Wave network, please remove it from that network. Your Recessed Door Sensor Gen5 manual touches on this and your Z-Wave gateway's / hub's user manual will provide more specific information. (skip to step 3 if it is part of a Z-Stick already)
- Plug the Z‐Stick controller to the USB port of your PC host.
- Download the firmware that corresponds to the version of your Recessed Door Sensor Gen5.
Warning: downloading and activating the wrong firmware will brick your Recessed Door Sensor Gen5 and render it broken. Bricking is not covered by warranty.
Australia / New Zealand frequency - version 1.15
European Union version frequency - version 1.15
United States version frequency - version 1.15
- Unzip the firmware ZIP file and change the name of “Recessed Door Sensor Gen5_***.ex_” to “Recessed Door Sensor Gen56_***.exe”.
- Open the EXE file to load the user interface.
- Click CATEGORIES and then select SETTINGS.
7. A new window will pop up. Click the DETECT button if the USB port is not automatically listed.
8. Select the ControllerStatic COM port or UZB, and then click OK.
9. Click ADD NODE. Let the controller into inclusion mode. Short press the Recessed Door Sensor Gen5's “Action Button”. At this stage, the Recessed Door Sensor Gen5 will be added to the Z-Stick's own Z-Wave network.
10. Highlight the Recessed Door Sensor Gen5 (shows as "Sensor Multilevel" or select it based off the Node ID).
11. Select FIRMWARE UPDATE and then click UPDATE. The over-the-air firmware upgrade of your Recessed Door Sensor Gen5 will begin.
12. Recessed Door Sensor Gen5 is battery powered, the firmware update may not initiate right away.
Press and hold the button for 5 seconds then release (or release when the LED activates) on the Recessed Door Sensor Gen5 then the update should begin.
13. After about 5 to 10 minutes, the firmware upgrade will be completed. A window will pop up with the status “Successfully” to confirm successful completion.