Group Associations and its commands.
The Wallmote Quad has 4 buttons that can be used and 2 separate functions that each button can control: ON/OFF or DIM. Below is a table of the available Group Association that you can set to the Wallmote to directly control your Z-Wave Switches and Dimmers from within your gateway.
|Group Association #||Function||Button #||Press Function|
|2||Toggle On/Off||1 (top left)||Tap|
|3||Dim up/down||1 (top left)||Press and Hold / Swipe up / Swipe Down|
|4||Toggle On/Off||2 (top right)||Tap|
|5||Dim up/down||2 (top right)||Press and Hold / Swipe up / Swipe Down|
|6||Toggle On/Off||3 (bottom left)||Tap|
|7||Dim up/down||3 (bottom left)||Press and Hold / Swipe up / Swipe Down|
|8||Toggle On/Off||4 (bottom right)||Tap|
|9||Dim up/down||4 (bottom right)||Press and Hold / Swipe up / Swipe Down|
What is Group Association?
Group Association is a specific function in Z-Wave that allows you to tell the Wallmote who it can speak to. Some devices may only have 1 group association meant for the gateway, or multiple group associations that can be used for specific events. This type of function isn't used too often, but when it is available, you may be able to use it to directly communicate to Z-Wave devices instead of controlling a scene within a gateway which can have unforeseen delays.
Some gateways have the ability to set Group Associations to devices that have these special events and functions. In Wallmotes case, it can speak directly to the devices it is associated to for directly toggling On/Off/Dim controls without communicating to the gateway, then have gateway relay the command to the Z-Wave devices.
- Using Group associations will talk directly to a Z-Wave device, this will process less than 1 second usually within 10-100ms.
- Triggering a scene, a device will need to update its status to your gateway, then have the gateway process the status update then send an action or change to a Z-Wave device based on the trigger. Sometimes there may be delays if your gateway is already processing other data which can cause 1-2 second delays from time to time.
How many devices you can control.
You can control 5 devices per Group Association for a total of 10 separate devices per button over 2 different Group Associations
- 5 devices on Group 2 (Switch control)
- 5 devices on Group 3 (Dimmer control)
- Grand total of 10 devices to be controlled over button 1