Update Mold Detector to new Fimware
Modified on: Wed, 2 Oct, 2019 at 11:58 AM
This page lists the technical specifications for Mold Detector and forms part of the larger Mold detector user guide.
Update POPE701202 POPP Mold Detector via Z-Stick or Z-Stick Gen5.
As a part of our Gen5 range of products, POPP Mold detected firmware upgradable. Some gateways will support firmware upgrades over-the-air (OTA). For those that don't yet support such upgrades, POPP Mold Detector firmware can be upgraded using Z-Stick from Aeotec or other such Z-Wave USB Adapters such as SmartStick+ from Homeseer, or UZB1 from Z-Wave.me and Microsoft Windows.
- Please make sure that you download the correct frequency for your POPE701202 POPP Mold Detector, wrong firmware updating the Mold Detector will brick your device and void warranty.
Changes in V1.00/V1.02
- Solves the problem of fast battery consumption (individual cases)
To upgrade your POPP Mold Detector (POPE701202) using a Z-Stick or any other general Z-Wave USB Adapter:
- If your Mold Detector is already part of a Z-Wave network, please remove it from that network. Your Mold Detector manual touches on this and your Z-Wave gateway's / hub's user manual will provide more specific information. (skip to step 3 if it is part of a Z-Stick already)
- Plug the Z‐Stick controller to the USB port of your PC host.
- Download the firmware that corresponds to the version of your POPP Mold Detector
Warning: downloading and activating the wrong firmware will brick your POPP Mold Detector and render it broken. Bricking is not covered by warranty.
POPP Mold Detector FW 1.02 - EU
- Unzip the firmware ZIP file and change the name of “MOLDDETECTOR_V1_2_EU_FOR_OTA_***.ex_” to “MOLDDETECTOR_V1_2_EU_FOR_OTA_***.exe”.
- Open the EXE file to load the user interface.
- Click CATEGORIES and then select SETTINGS.
7. A new window will pop up. Click the DETECT button if the USB port is not automatically listed.
8. Select the ControllerStatic COM port or UZB, and then click OK.
9. Click ADD NODE. Let the controller into inclusion mode. Press the tamper of Mold Detector 3 times shortly. At this stage, the Mold Detector will be added to the Z-Stick's own Z-Wave network.
10. Highlight the Mold Detector which if you followed step 9, should be the last node at the bottom of the list
11. Select the "queue" option, see below screenshot:
11. Press the tamper switch of Mold Detector 3 times to wake up the Sensor.
12. Select FIRMWARE UPDATE and then click START and the firmware update should begin.
13. After about 5 to 10 minutes, the firmware upgrade will be completed. A window will pop up with the status “Successfully” to confirm successful completion.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.