This page lists the technical specifications for Solar Outdoor Siren 2 and forms part of the larger Solar Outdoor Siren 2
Update POPE700854 POPP Solar Outdoor Siren 2 via Z-Stick or Z-Stick Gen5.
As a part of our Gen5 range of products, Solar Outdoor Siren 2 firmware upgradable. Some gateways will support firmware upgrades over-the-air (OTA). For those that don't yet support such upgrades, Solar Outdoor Siren 2 firmware can be upgraded using Z-Stick from Aeotec or other such Z-Wave USB Adapters such as SmartStick+ from Homeseer, or UZB1 from Z-Wave.me and Microsoft Windows.
- Please make sure that you download the correct frequency for your POPE700854 POPP SOlar Outdoor Siren 2. Other firmware updating will brick your device and void warranty.
- Make sure that you do not use this to update the POPE005107 POPP Solar Outdoor Siren to avoid bricking the Siren. This update will not work for POPP Solar Outdoor Siren 2 and will brick and void your warranty if attempted.
Changes from V2.05 to V2.06
- Fix battery bug (rapidly draining) after switching the Siren.
To upgrade your Solar Outdoor Siren 2 using a Z-Stick or any other general Z-Wave USB Adapter:
- If your Solar Outdoor Siren 2 is already part of a Z-Wave network, please remove it from that network. Your Solar Outdoor Siren 2 manual touches on this and your Z-Wave gateway's / hub's user manual will provide more specific information. (skip to step 3 if it is part of a Z-Stick already)
- Plug the Z‐Stick controller to the USB port of your PC host.
- Download the firmware that corresponds to the version of your Solar Outdoor Siren 2.
Warning: downloading and activating the wrong firmware will brick your Door / Window Sensor and render it broken. Bricking is not covered by warranty.
POPP Solar Outdoor Sirne 2 V2.06 - POPE700854 for EU
- Unzip the firmware ZIP file and change the name of “POPP_Solar_Outdoor_Siren_2***.ex_” to “POPP_Solar_Outdoor_Siren_2_***.exe”.
- Open the EXE file to load the user interface.
- Click CATEGORIES and then select SETTINGS.
7. A new window will pop up. Click the DETECT button if the USB port is not automatically listed.
8. Select the ControllerStatic COM port or UZB, and then click OK.
9. Click ADD NODE to place the Z-Stick into inclusion/pair mode. Now press the button once, Solar Outdoor Siren 2 will be added to the Z-Stick's own Z-Wave network.
10. Highlight the Siren which if you followed step 9, should be the last node at the bottom of the list.
11. Select FIRMWARE UPDATE and then click START and the firmware update should begin.
12. The Siren LED will start flashing, now press the Siren button twice to start the update.
13. After about 5 to 10 minutes, the firmware upgrade will be completed. A window will pop up with the status “Successfully” to confirm successful firmware update.