IMPORTANT - Please make sure that the model number (located on the back) of the NanoMote Quad is the ZWA003 before downloading and performing the update process.
As a part of our Gen5 range of products, NanoMote Quad is firmware upgradable. Some gateways will support firmware upgrades over-the-air (OTA) and have NanoMote Quads firmware upgrades packaged as part of their platform. For those that don't yet support such upgrades, NanoMote Quad's firmware can be upgraded using Z-Stick from Aeotec (or any other Z-Wave compliant Z-Wave USB Adapters from any manufacturer) with Microsoft Windows XP/7/8/10.
Firmware change log V1.02
- Fix problem with Multilevel Class
Requirements for update.
- Z-Wave USB Adapter (ie. Z-Stick Lite, Z-Stick S2, Z-Stick Gen5, UZB1, SmartStick+, or any other Z-Wave Adapter that conforms to Z-Wave standards).
- Windows OS (XP, 7, 8, or 10).
To upgrade your NanoMote Quad using a Z-Stick or any other general Z-Wave USB Adapter:
- If your NanoMote Quad is already part of a Z-Wave network, please remove it from that network. Your NanoMote Quad manual touches on this and your Z-Wave gateway's / hub's user manual will provide more specific information. Skip to step 3 if your NanoMote Quad is part of a Z-Stick controlled Z-Wave network already.
- Plug the Z‐Stick controller to the USB port of your PC host.
- Download the firmware that corresponds to the version of your NanoMote Quad.
Warning: downloading and activating the wrong firmware will brick your NanoMote and render it broken. Bricking is not covered by warranty.
European Union version frequency - version 1.02 - for ZWA003-C only
United States version frequency - version 1.02- for ZWA003-A only
- Unzip the file and open the folder that appears.
- Open the EXE file to load the user interface - double click NanoMoteQuad_XX_V1_0X_.exe file for example.
- If Z-Stick or Z-Wave USB Adapter is connected automatically, skip to step 10, if not, please continue through steps 7 - 9.
- Click CATEGORIES and then select SETTINGS.
- A new window will pop up. Click the DETECT button if the USB port is not automatically listed.
- Select the ControllerStatic COM port or UZB, and then click OK.
- Click ADD NODE. Let the controller into inclusion mode. Press any button 3 times fastly. At this stage, the NanoMote Quad will be added to the Z-Stick's own Z-Wave network.
- Highlight the NanoMote Quad Node in the list.
- Click on "Node Information" button, the software will state "Node is non-listening, request added to command queue for Node."
- Press and hold the NanoMote Quads button for 5 seconds, then release the button to send a Wakeup Report. The message should disappear right away.
- Go to the "Firmware Update" Tab
- You'll notice one button "Start", click on "Start" button (It is highly suggested that you keep NanoMote Quad on USB power for this update.)
- The software will then say, node is non-listening, request added to command queue for Node.
- Press and hold the NanoMote Quads action button for 5 seconds , then release the button to send a Wakeup Report, then the firmware update should continue.
- After about 5 to 10 minutes, the firmware upgrade will be completed. A window will pop up with the status “Successfully” to confirm a successful firmware update.
- Now close the program, and connect your NanoMote Quad to your primary gateway.