This page presents download files and installation instructions to update your Door / Window Sensor 6 via OTA software and form part of the larger Door / Window 6 user guide.
Update Door / Window Sensor 6 firmware via Z-Stick or Z-Stick Gen5.
As a part of our Gen5 range of products, Door / Window Sensor 6 is firmware upgradable. Some gateways will support firmware upgrades over-the-air (OTA) and have Door / Window Sensor 6's firmware upgrades packaged as part of their platform. For those that don't yet support such upgrades, Door / Window Sensor 6's firmware can be upgraded using Z-Stick from Aeotec (or any other Z-Wave compliant Z-Wave USB Adapters from any manufacturer) and Microsoft Windows.
- Windows PC (XP and above)
- Z-Wave USB Adapter (Z-Stick, UZB1, SmartStick+, or other standard Z-Wave USB Adapters can be used)
- Updated Z-Wave Library (V6.51.10)
- Keep ZW112 on USB power for the firmware update
- When performing the update, keep the DWS6 ZW112 as close as possible to your Z-Wave USB Adapter when performing the update. This will ensure there is no corruption during the firmware update.
To upgrade your Door / Window Sensor 6 using a Z-Stick or any other general Z-Wave USB Adapter:
- If your Door / Window Sensor 6 is already part of a Z-Wave network, please remove it from that network. Your Door / Window Sensor 6 manual touches on this and your Z-Wave gateway's / hub's user manual will provide more specific information. (skip to step 3 if it is part of a Z-Stick already)
- Plug the Z‐Stick controller to the USB port of your PC host.
- Download the firmware that corresponds to the version of your Door / Window Sensor 6.
Warning: downloading and activating the wrong firmware will brick your Door / Window Sensor and render it broken. Bricking is not covered by warranty.
V1.03 firmware update
Australia / New Zealand frequency - version 1.03
European Union version frequency - version 1.03
United States version frequency - version 1.03
- Unzip the firmware ZIP file and open the folder and search for files "Door Window Sensor 6_XX_V1_03.exe" (Could be XX can be EU, AU, or US depending on Z-Wave frequency it is meant for).
- Open the "Door Window Sensor 6_XX_V1_03 "file to load the user interface.
- Click CATEGORIES and then select SETTINGS.
7. A new window will pop up. Click the DETECT button if the USB port is not automatically listed.
8. Select the ControllerStatic COM port or UZB, and then click OK.
9. Click ADD NODE. Let the controller into inclusion mode. Short press the Door / Window Sensor 6's “Action Button”. At this stage, the Door / Window Sensor 6 will be added to the Z-Stick's own Z-Wave network.
10. Highlight the Door / Window Sensor 6 (shows as "Sensor Multilevel" or select it based off the Node ID).
11. Select FIRMWARE UPDATE and then click START. The over-the-air firmware upgrade of your Door / Window Sensor 6 will begin.
12. If the Door / Window Sensor 6 is battery powered, the firmware update may not initiate right away. just tap the button on the Door / Window Sensor 6 then the update should begin.
13. After about 5 to 10 minutes, the firmware upgrade will be completed. A window will pop up with the status “Successfully” to confirm successful completion.
14. If you find any issues from your device not being able to set configurations properly, please make sure to first unpair your Door / Window Sensor from your network to avoid phantom nodes, then run a factory reset by holding the Door / Window Sensor 6 action button for 20 seconds.
15. Now re-include your Door / Window Sensor 6 back into your network.