This page presents download files and installation instructions to update your Door/Window Sensor 7's Z-Wave firmware via HomeSeer's OTA function and form part of the larger Door/Window Sensor 7 user guide. If you are looking to update Door/Window Sensor 7's firmware by other means refer to the separate firmware article.
This article will guide you through upgrading Door/Window Sensor 7 firmware to the following versions using HomeSeer;
- US Frequency Door/Window Sensor 7 (ZWA008-A): upgrade firmware to V1.01
- EU Frequency Door/Window Sensor 7 (ZWA008-C): upgrade firmware to V1.01
- AU Frequency Door/Window Sensor 7 (ZWA008-B): upgrade firmware to V1.01
Please download the firmware version that corresponds to your frequency of Door/Window Sensor 7 from the footer of this article or the above links.
The frequency is noted in the filename (e.g. US frequency filename includes US). Ensure that you do not download or utilize the incorrect version of firmware.
Recommendation - It is highly recommended that your Door/Window Sensor 7 should remain as close as possible to your Z-Wave Controller to ensure a successful update.
Open up Homeseer HS3 in your native browser.
- Ensure that HomeSeer Z-Wave plugin is running Version 22.214.171.124 or later; you can check this under PLUG-INS -> Manage within HomeSeer. Should your version be lower than 126.96.36.199, please upgrade HomeSeer's Z-Wave plugin to enable its over-the-air firmware update feature.
- Download the correct HomeSeer compatible HEC file that corresponds to your version of Door/Window Sensor 7 as described above.
Go to the "Home" tab within HomeSeer.
Select the root of your Door/Window Sensor 7 which is "Aeotec Notification Sensor"
Click on Z-Wave, then expand "Firmware Update"
Click on "Select File"
Select the HEC firmware file that you downloaded, in this example image ZWA008_DWS7_XX_v_1.1.hec (where XX is EU, AU, or US), and select "Open".
Warning: Make sure that you select the correct frequency to avoid bricking your Door Window Sensor 7 and voiding your warranty.
- Click on "Start".
- Tap the Tamper Button on the Door/Window Sensor 7 to begin the update.
The firmware update process shall begin. Should you be using HomeSeer software in conjunction with Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5, its LED will flash rapidly to indicate that it is processing information the firmware upgrade. Step back and take a quick coffee break while the update finishes. This process will take about 5 minutes in total.
Congratulations, the firmware update is now complete. The Version should update to V1.1, if it doesn't you can re-include the sensor to update that information.
Over-the-air firmware upgrades for Aeotec devices are described on Aeotec.com and the downloadable files provided for your convenience. The upgrade functionality itself is provided and warranted / supported by HomeSeer directly. If experiencing issues with firmware upgrades, please contact HomeSeer for further, specialised support.