This page lists a method of use Radiator Thermostat with aërQ Temperature and Humidity Sensor and forms a part of the larger aërQ Temperature and Humidity Sensor user guide.
Before moving forwards.
- Ensure that your Z-Wave Controller supports programming Group Associations over your Z-Wave devices.
- Ensure that your Z-Wave Controller supports Configuration Command Class (parameter settings) over your Z-Wave devices.
- That both aërQ Sensor and Radiator Thermostat are paired using the same security. (ie. if aërQ Sensor uses S0 security, then Radiator Thermostat must also use S0 security).
1. Pair both devices (aërQ Sensor and Radiator Thermostat) to your Z-Wave Controller. You may skip the steps in part 1 if your aërQ Sensors and Radiator Thermostat are already paired to your Controller.
1.1. Pair your Temperature & Humidity Sensor into Z-Wave Network via unsecured or S2 unauthenticated.
1.1.1 Start Inclusion/Pair/Add mode of your primary Z-Wave Controller.
1.1.2. Press the button on aërQ sensor three times. - LED will blink fast during the pair process.
1.2. Pairing Radiator Thermostat into your Z-Wave Network via unsecured or S2 unauthenticated.
1.2.1. Start Inclusion/Pair/Add mode of your primary Z-Wave Controller.
1.2.2. Press the Boost-Button once on Radiator Thermostat.
1.2.3. Aeotec Radiator Thermostat will show the assigned Node ID provided by the Z-Wave Controller once the pair process has been completed.
1.2.4. If inclusion has failed, "ERR" will appear over the display and the LED will show a red color. If this happens, factory reset Radiator Thermostat and restart the steps for Z-Wave inclusion from step 1.2.1.
Note: Both devices must have the same security level.
2. Set Association Group in Temperature & Humidity Sensor.
Note: To program Group Associations, the instructions to do so can be found in the manual of your Z-Wave Controller that you are using. There are some Z-Wave Controllers that do not have the capability to program Group Association.
Association Groups of aërQ Sensor:
Temperature High Trigger
Temperature Low Trigger
Humidity High Trigger
Humidity Low Trigger
2.1 Associate Radiator Thermostat with aërQ Sensor by connecting Radiator Thermostat to association group 6 of aërQ Sensor.
2.2 Wake aërQ Sensor to accept the settings.
3. Change Parameter 8 of Radiator Thermostat.
Note: To program Configuration settings (parameter settings), the instructions to do so can be found in the manual of your Z-Wave Controller that you are using. There are some Z-Wave Controllers that do not have the capability to program Configuration Command Class (parameter settings).
3.1 Set Parameter 8 [1 Byte] to 128.
Parameter 8: Measured temperature offset.
Configures an offset for the measured temperature. Set the offset to -128 (0x80) if measured temperature is provided externally.
Size: 1 Byte, Default Value: 0
|0 - 50||Offset in 1/10 Celcius (0°C - 5°C)|
|128||Temperature is supplied externally|
|206 - 255||Offset in 1/10 Celcius (-5°C - 0,1°C)|
3.2 Save the setting.