This guide guides you through the necessary steps to connect Aeotec Door / Window Sensor 7 (ZWA008) with SmartThings Connect via Z-Wave. The SmartThings Connect app is available from Android and iOS app stores. This page forms part of the larger Door / Window Sensor 7 user guide. Follow that link to read the full guide.
- Power your Door / Window Sensor 7 with 1x 1/2AA battery (ER14250). Ensure that the LED is lights up briefly before moving forward once it is powered.
- Launch Samsung's SmartThings Connect app on your Android or iOS smartphone.
- Tap the + button on the dashboard.
- Tap Add device in the drop down menu.
- Tap Scan located at the top right corner of your screen.
- Press the Action Button on Door / Window Sensor 7 3x times in 2 seconds.
The LED will blink a few times during its pair process.
- The Door / Window Sensor 7 will automatically appear after a about a minute or two.
- Rename your sensor or leave its original name. If you are finished, press the < back button and scroll down to the Unassigned room to find your "Aeotec Door/Window Sensor 7".
- If you click on the Aeotec Door/Window Sensor 7, you can view all its integrated elements.