This guide guides you through the necessary steps to connect Aeotec Range Extender 7 (ZW189) with SmartThings Connect via Z-Wave. The SmartThings Connect app is available from Android and iOS app stores. This page forms part of the larger Aeotec Range Extender 7 user guide. Follow that link to read the full guide.
- Power your Range Extender 7. Ensure that the LED flashes its white LED once every second before moving forward once it is powered.
- Launch Samsung's SmartThings Connect app on your Android or iOS smartphone.
- Tap the + button on the dashboard.
- Tap Add device in the drop down menu.
- Tap Scan located at the top right corner of your screen.
- Press the Action Button on Range Extender 7 once.
The LED will flash its LED during the pairing process. Once successful, the LED will become solid for as long as this device is active. (You may toggle the LED on and off by double tapping its button).
- The Range Extender 7 will automatically appear after a short time.
- Rename your sensor or leave its original name. If you are finished, press the < back button and scroll down to the Unassigned room to find your Range Extender 7.
As long as Range Extender 7 is connected to your SmartThings hub, it will assist your Z-Wave devices by repeating nearby Z-Wave devices that are having issues already communicating with your SmartThings hub.