This guide guides you through the necessary steps to connect Aeotec WallMote Quad (ZW100) with SmartThings Connect via Z-Wave. The SmartThings Connect app is available from Android and iOS app stores. This page forms part of the larger WallMote Quad user guide. Follow that link to read the full guide.
- Power your WallMote Quad. Ensure that the LED is cycling through Rainbow colors before moving forward once it is powered.
(If it is not cycling rainbow colors, make sure to factory reset this device by pressing and holding its action button for 25 seconds).
Note - Make sure that you do not leave WallMote Quad charged more than 3 hours per day.
- Launch Samsung's SmartThings Connect app on your Android or iOS smartphone.
- Tap the + button on the dashboard.
- Tap Add device in the drop down menu.
- Tap Scan located at the top right corner of your screen.
- Press the Action Button on WallMote Quad once.
The LED will flash green during the pairing process. Once successful, the LED will become solid green for 2 seconds, and either flash its yellow LED or de-activate its LED.
- The WallMote Quad will automatically appear after a short time.
- Rename your sensor or leave its original name. If you are finished, press the < back button and scroll down to the Unassigned room to find your WallMote Quad.
Note - Once you confirm this, remove WallMote Quad from USB power once it is fulled charged. This will be indicated by a solid green LED while on USB power.
- If you click on the WallMote Quad device, you can view its individual buttons and even program each individual button tap or press and hold actions to control automations.