Note - V1.07 (US) or V1.04 (EU/AU) firmware update will work for both ZW110 or ZW096.
Update Smart Switch 6 firmware via HomeSeer.
Our guide to upgrading Smart Switch 6 firmware via HomeSeer can be found by following the given link.
Update Smart Switch 6 firmware via Z-Stick or Z-Stick Gen5.
As a part of our Gen5 range of products, Smart Switch 6 is firmware upgradable. Some gateways will support firmware upgrades over-the-air (OTA) and have Smart Switch 6's firmware upgrades packaged as part of their platform. For those that don't yet support such upgrades, Smart Switch 6's firmware can be upgraded using Z-Stick from Aeotec and Microsoft Windows.
- Z-Wave USB Adapter (ie. Z-Stick, SmartStick, UZB1, etc)
- Windows XP and up.
Firmware Patch Note Release
- Initial release in early production units.
- Added Color Command Class to allow color change in LED in Night Mode.
V1.00 EU/AU and V1.03 US
- Multilevel Command Class added support (for dimming LED strip in Night Mode)
V1.01 EU/AU/UK and V1.04 US
- Updated SDK Z-Wave libraries
- No longer answers to Multicast / GET from broadcasted messages
- Clock Command Class repaired
- Metering Command Class extra bytes resolved.
V1.04 EU/AU and V1.07 US
- Support for ZW110 and ZW096 versions to use the same firmware update.
- Upon first power up and pair kWh report is cleared
- AGI report command class resolved
To upgrade your Smart Switch 6 using a Z-Stick or any other general Z-Wave USB Adapter:
- Make sure that the Smart Switch 6 is within 10ft direct line of sight of your Z-Wave USB Adapter or it can brick your Smart Switch due to a fault in communication.
- If your Smart Switch 6 is already part of a Z-Wave network, please remove it from that network. Your Smart Switch 6 manual touches on this and your Z-Wave gateway's / hub's user manual will provide more specific information. (skip to step 3 if it is part of a Z-Stick already)
- Plug the Z‐Stick controller to the USB port of your PC host.
- Download the firmware that corresponds to the version of your Smart Switch 6.
Warning: downloading and activating the wrong firmware will brick your Smart Switch 6 and render it broken. Bricking is not covered by warranty.
Note: Smart Switch 6 EU and AU firmware version V1.04 is the same as US firmware version V1.07.
Australia / New Zealand frequency - version 1.04
European Union version frequency - version 1.04
United States version frequency - version 1.07
- Unzip the firmware ZIP file and change the name of “Smart Switch 6_***.ex_” to “Smart Switch 6_***.exe”.
- Open the EXE file to load the user interface.
- Click CATEGORIES and then select SETTINGS.
7. A new window will pop up. Click the DETECT button if the USB port is not automatically listed.
8. Select the ControllerStatic COM port or UZB, and then click OK.
9. Click ADD NODE. Let the controller into inclusion mode. Short press the Smart Switch 6's “Action Button”. At this stage, the Smart Switch 6 will be added to the Z-Stick's own Z-Wave network.
10. Highlight the Smart Switch 6 NodeID.
11. Select FIRMWARE UPDATE and then click START. The over-the-air firmware upgrade of your Smart Switch 6 will begin.
12. After about 5 to 10 minutes, the firmware upgrade will be completed. A window will pop up with the status “Successfully” to confirm successful completion.