Vera currently is not directly compatible to Water Sensor 7 Basic or Pro, in this case, you can manually add in compatibility and have it display water detection over your interface. This guide is an additional guide to the Water Sensor 7 Basic user guide and Water Sensor 7 Pro user guide.
Follow the below steps to add compatibility to your Water Sensor 7. This will need to be done to all new Water Sensor 7 added into your network.
1. Pair Water Sensor 7 to your Vera gateway
- In the device page, select "+ Add Device".
- Select "Generic Device".
- Select "Next", and then "Next" again.
- You'll see a counter count down waiting for you to pair a new device. On your Water Sensor 7, remove the cover and then tap the tamper switch 3x times to pair Water Sensor 7.
2. Ensure 1 or 3 nodes load up depending on which device you are using:
If using Water Sensor 7 Pro
[Name of Sensor given by you, in my case it is called "Water Sensor 7 Pro"] - Main Node
[_Temperature Sensor] - Child Node
[_Humidity Sensor] - Child Node
To force the temperature and humidity sensor to update, tap the Water Sensor 7 tamper switch once to wake up Water Sensor 7 which should allow Water Sensor 7 to update the battery level, temperature, and humidity level all at once.
3. Select the arrow on your named device ["Water Sensor 7 Pro" in my example]
4. Click on "Advanced"
5. On the new page, make these changes:
6. Go to Settings -> Z-Wave Settings, then "Advanced" tab.