At the time of publishing, Vera is not automatically compatible to aërQ Sensor. However, with a few simple tweaks compatibility can be established to enable the detection for the ideal mold environment.
This guide is an additional guide to the aërQ Temperature and Humidity Sensor user guide. aërQ Temperature and Humidity Sensor described in that guide are the Z-Wave Gen7 editions of Aeotec's door and window sensor technology.
Follow the below steps to add extended compatibility to your aërQ Temperature and Humidity Sensor. This will need to be done to all new aërQ Temperature and Humidity Sensor added into your network.
1. Pair aërQ Temperature and Humidity Sensor to your Vera gateway
- In the device page, select "+ Add Device".
- Select "Dimmers and Lights".
- Find and select "Fibaro Double Switch 2 - FGS-223".
- Notes - This is a bit odd to select this but I guarantee you that this will work. This forces Vera to pair without security level (as aerQ does not support S0 security which seems to cause issues or problems pairing, so forcing non-secure pairing is the best and easiest option).
- Select "Next", and then "Next" again.
- You'll see a counter count down waiting for you to pair a new device. On your aërQ Temperature and Humidity Sensor, tap the Action Button 3x times to pair aërQ Temperature and Humidity Sensor.
2. Ensure 1 or 2 nodes load up, it should be:
[Name of Sensor given by you, in my case it is called "aerQ Sensor"] - Main Node
[_Temperature Sensor] - Child Node
[_Humidity Sensor] - Child Node
[_Motion Sensor] - Child Node
[_Get Lang (Generic sensor.sensor)] - Child node (likely Dewpoint reports, but Vera does not support this)
Tap its Action button once after it is paired to update its battery, temperature, and humidity levels. Once tapped, the battery icon should appear over the main node of this device.
Tapping the aerQ button will also update the Temperature and Humidity sensors.
Trigger = Humidity level >69%
Untriggered = Humidity level <= 69%