Moving forward in this user guide, all functions and steps are based on generic methods of pairing, removing, automating, which may differ a little bit in some devices.
Smart Home Hub supports a thousands of wireless devices by communicated to them through technologies such as Z-Wave, Zigbee, Wi-Fi and indirectly via the cloud. Each wireless communication methods will have a different method to connecting them into Smart Home Hub, but the interface of Smart Home Hub will provide you those specific instructions.
If you'd like to understand which products are compatible with the SmartThings software that powers Aeotec Smart Home Hub, please follow that link.
This guide will go over their generic methods of pairing them.
1. Z-Wave steps
2. Zigbee or WiFi steps
- From the front dashboard of SmartThings, tap +.
- Select Device.
Smart Home Hub can factory reset Z-Wave devices called "Z-Wave Exclusion" which will work with any Z-Wave device regardless if they are paired or not.
1. Z-Wave Steps
- Open SmartThings Connect.
- Find the Smart Home Hub in the device list and select it.
- Select the 3 dots icon located at the top right corner.
- Tap Z-Wave utilities.
- Tap Z-Wave exclusion.
- Ensure that the LED on Smart Home Hub is blinking.
- Tap the button on the Z-Wave device that you want to factory reset.
2. Zigbee or Wifi Steps
- Primarily these devices can just be removed using the remove method mentioned in section c (remove a device).
- Some devices have a manual factory reset option which may need to be done in order to connect that device to a new hub.
Force removing a device
Any device can be force removed from SmartThings Connect interface. This method is not preferred but should only be used if you have no other options to removing a failed device.
- On SmartThings dashboard, select the node/device you want to delete to access its more detailed page.
- Tap the 3 dot icon located at the top right corner.
- Tap Edit.
- At the bottom of the page, tap on Delete device.