Aeotec Motion Sensor was developed to detect motion and temperature while it is connected to Aeotec Smart Home Hub. It is powered by Aeotec Zigbee technology.
Aeotec Motion Sensor must be used with an Aeotec Smart Home Hub in order to work. Aeotec works as Smart Home Hub user guide can be viewed at that link.
Familiarize yourself with Aeotec Motion Sensor
- Aeotec Motion Sensor
- User manual
- Health and safety guide
- Magnetic ball mount
- 3M adhesive strips
- 1x CR2 battery
Important safety information
- Read, keep, and follow these instructions. Heed all warnings.
- Clean only with a dry cloth.
- Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus (including amplifiers) that produce hear.
- Only use attachments and accessories specified by the Manufacturer.
Connect the Aeotec Motion Sensor
Steps in SmartThings Connect
- From the Home screen, tap the Plus (+) icon and select Device.
- Select Aeotec and then Motion Sensor (IM6001-MTP).
- Tap Start.
- Choose a Hub for the device.
- Choose a Room for the device and tap Next.
- While the Hub searches:
- Pull the “Remove when Connecting” tab found in the sensor.
- Scan the code on the back of the device.
Using Aeotec Motion Sensor
Aeotec Motion Sensor is now a part of your Aeotec Smart Home Hub network. It will appear as a motion widget that can display motion status or temperature sensor readings.
This section will go over how to display all information in your SmartThings Connect app.
Steps in SmartThings Connect
- Open SmartThings Connect
- Scroll down to your Aeotec Motion Sensor
- Then tap Aeotec Motion Sensor widget.
- On this screen, it should display:
You may use a Motion and Temperature sensor in an Automation to control your Aeotec Smart Home Hub home automation network. To learn more about programming automations, follow that link.
How to remove Aeotec Motion Sensor from Aeotec Smart Home Hub.
If your Aeotec Motion Sensor is not performing as you expected, you'll likely need to reset your motion sensor and remove it from Aeotec SMart Home Hub to begin a fresh start.
1. From the Home screen, select Menu
2. Select More Options (3 dot icon)
3. Tap Edit
4. Tap Delete to confirm
Replace Aeotec Motion Sensor battery
The battery of the Motion Sensor can be easily replaced. There is an "OPEN" label and an arrow on the upper end of the case that tells you which way the battery cover can slide off.
- Place the Motion sensor flat on a table with the back facing upwards.
- Push the back and slide the battery cover off in the direction of the arrow. (arrow on top of "OPEN").
- The back should pop off (making a click sound) allowing you to lift the battery cover off.
- Remove the battery and replace it.
- Replace the battery cover
- Slide the battery cover over and across the Motion Sensor (OPEN should be on the opposite side of the battery location).
- The cover will fall onto the unit, then push the battery cover fully (it should click to indicate it is locked in place).
Factory reset your Aeotec Motion Sensor
Aeotec Motion Sensor can be factory reset at any time if you come across any issues, or if you need to re-pair Aeotec Motion Sensor to another hub.
Steps in SmartThings Connect.
- Press and Hold the recessed connect button for five (5) seconds.
- Release the button when the LED starts blinking red.
- The LED will blink red and green while attempting to connect.
- Use the SmartThings app and steps detailed in "Connect the Aeotec Motion Sensor" above.
Next to: Aeotec Motion Sensor technical specification