As a part of our Gen5 range of products, LED Strip is firmware upgradable. Some gateways will support firmware upgrades over-the-air (OTA) and have LED Strip firmware upgrades packaged as part of their platform. For those that don't yet support such upgrades, LED Strip firmware can be upgraded using Z-Stick from Aeotec (or any other Z-Wave USB Adapter such as a UZB1 or SmartStick+ as further examples) and Microsoft Windows.
Firmware Change Logs:
1. Resolves Security version listing
To upgrade your LED Strip using a Z-Stick or any other general Z-Wave USB Adapter:
- If your LED Strip is already part of a Z-Wave network, please remove it from that network. Your LED Strip manual touches on this and your Z-Wave gateway's / hub's user manual will provide more specific information. (skip to step 3 if it is part of a Z-Stick already)
- Plug the Z‐Stick controller to the USB port of your PC host.
- Download the firmware that corresponds to the version of your LED Strip.
Warning: downloading and activating the wrong firmware will brick your LED Strip and render it broken. Bricking is not covered by warranty.
Australia / New Zealand frequency - version 1.03
European Union version frequency - version 1.03
United States version frequency - version 1.03
- Unzip the firmware ZIP file and change the name of “LED_Strip_***.ex_” to “LED_Strip_***.exe”.
- Open the EXE file to load the user interface.
- Click CATEGORIES and then select SETTINGS.
7. A new window will pop up. Click the DETECT button if the USB port is not automatically listed.
8. Select the ControllerStatic COM port or UZB, and then click OK.
9. Click ADD NODE. Let the controller into inclusion mode. - Now tap the action button on LED Strip
10. Highlight the LED Strip (shows as "Switch Multilevel" or select it based off the Node ID).
11. Select FIRMWARE UPDATE and then click UPDATE. The over-the-air firmware upgrade of your LED Strip will begin.
12. After about 5 to 10 minutes, the firmware upgrade will be completed. A window will pop up with the status “Successfully” to confirm successful completion.