This article describes the setup of the Z-Stick 7 in Home Assistant using ZWaveJS to MQTT; it forms part of the larger Z-Stick 7 user guide. Setting up Home Assistant with Z-Stick 7 lets you build a Z-Wave automation network utilising Z-Wave 700 series and Gen7 technologies.
- Raspberry Pi 3 or later
- microSD card (at least 32GB and class 2; recommended 128GB SanDisk MAX Endurance for future proof or camera recordings)
Versions used in this guide.
- Home Assistant OS version 5.12
- Z-Wave JS to MQTT version 0.8.0
- Supervisor version stable supervisor-2021.03.6
This guide assumes that you have a fresh install or have already installed Home Assistant, if you already have ZWaveJS Installed, you may need to delete it before you install ZWave JS to MQTT.
- Delete ZWaveJS integration
- Delete ZWaveJS addon (from supervisor)