This guide is an additional guide to the Range Extender 7 user guide on how to connect Range Extender 7 to your AutoPilot which will display widget cards featuring:
Steps to connect Range Extender 7 to AutoPilot.
- Open up AutoPilot UI
- Click on "DEVICES"
- Click on "+ Add new"
- Click on "+"
- Click on "+ Add"
- Now tap the Action Button on your Range Extender 7.
- (If Security is enabled) - Select an option in the popup page.
- Basic - Automatically uses the highest safety class
- Pro - Select the security level you want to use. A multiple selections is possible.
- S2 Unauthentificated - High security level - no further input necessary
- S2 Authentificated - High security level - PIN entry required. You will find the PIN on the device or packaging.
- S2 Access - High security level for locks - PIN entry required. You will find the PIN on the device or packaging.
- None - The security mode is ignored.
- If you selected Basic or Pro (with S2 Authentication), input the 5 digit PIN code or DSK code next under the QR code.
- Select OK
- Feel free to name it whatever you'd like, make sure to press save to save the new name.
How to remove Range Extender 7 from AutoPilot.
- Open up AutoPilot UI.
- Click on "DEVICES".
- Click on "+ Add new".
- Click on "Remove Device".
- Now tap the Action Button on Range Extender 7.
- If successful, AutoPilot will go to the previous page, and state "Exclusion Successful" at the top right.
1. Having issues pairing your device?
- Move your Sensor within 4 - 10 ft of your AutoPilot, its possible that it is too far if you do not have any repeaters capable of Network Wide Inclusion.
- Remove power from AutoPilot for 1 minute, then power it up again and wait for it to boot back up.
- Remove power from Range Extender 7 for 1 minute, then power it up again.
- Try factory resetting or removing your Range Extender 7.
- Exclude first in case the device actually paired to your hub otherwise it will leave a phantom device in your network that will be difficult to remove.
- Perform a manual hard factory reset.
- Press and hold the Action Button for 20 seconds until the LED becomes solid at 20 seconds. If successful, the LED will fade its LED in and out to indicate it is ready to be connected again.
2. Not completing its interview?
- Try force interviewing the specific command classes after pairing if requested.
- Force Interview the individual command classes,
- In the device's page, click "Command Class" which will expand the command class list
- Look down the list and find any X marks under "Results"
- If you see any X values, click on it to force interview that command class.
- Now tap the Action Button once on Range Extender 7 once to wake it up and take the interview.
- Exclude and then try including your Range Extender 7 once more.