This page presents download files and installation instructions to update your Siren 6 via OTA software and form part of the larger Siren 6 user guide.
Update Siren 6 firmware via Z-Stick or Z-Stick Gen5.
As a part of our Gen5 range of products, Siren 6 is firmware upgradable. Some gateways will support firmware upgrades over-the-air (OTA) and have Siren 6's firmware upgrades packaged as part of their platform. For those that don't yet support such upgrades, Siren 6's firmware can be upgraded using Z-Stick from Aeotec (or any other Z-Wave compliant Z-Wave USB Adapters from any manufacturer) and Microsoft Windows.
- Windows PC (XP and above)
- Z-Wave USB Adapter (Z-Stick, UZB1, SmartStick+, or other standard Z-Wave USB Adapters can be used)
V1.06 Change logs
- Distinguishes S0 and S2 security in NIF
- Fixes issue where tamper/vibration continuously rings
- Changes play duration of Parameter 2 from 0 to 5
- Fixes Association Remove function.
To upgrade your Siren 6 using a Z-Stick or any other general Z-Wave USB Adapter:
- If your Siren 6 is already part of a Z-Wave network, please remove it from that network. Your Siren 6 manual touches on this and your Z-Wave gateway's / hub's user manual will provide more specific information. (skip to step 3 if it is part of a Z-Stick already)
- Plug the Z‐Stick controller to the USB port of your PC host. If already connected, make sure to disconnect any software connected to the Z-Stick.
- Download the firmware that corresponds to the version of your Siren 6.
Warning: downloading and activating the wrong firmware will brick your Siren and render it broken. Bricking is not covered by warranty.
European Union version frequency - version 1.06
United States version frequency - version 1.06
- Unzip the firmware ZIP file and fine “ZW164_Siren_6_***.exe” and then open the EXE file to load the user interface.
- Click CATEGORIES and then select SETTINGS.
7. A new window will pop up. Click the DETECT button if the USB port is not automatically listed.
8. Select the ControllerStatic COM port or UZB, and then click OK.
Firmware Update Siren 6
1. Click ADD NODE. Let the controller into inclusion mode. Short press the Siren 6's “Action Button”. At this stage, the Siren 6 will be added to the Z-Stick's own Z-Wave network.
2. Highlight the Siren 6 (Should be the last device in the list).
3. Select FIRMWARE UPDATE and then click START. The over-the-air firmware upgrade of your Siren 6 will begin.
4. After about 5 to 10 minutes, the firmware upgrade will be completed. A window will pop up with the status “Successfully” to confirm successful completion.
5. If you find any issues from your device not being able to set configurations properly, please make sure to first unpair your Siren from your network to avoid phantom nodes, then run a factory reset by holding the Siren 6 action button for 20 seconds.
6. Now re-include your Siren 6 back into your original network.