For users using SmartThings Hub, LED bulb may require custom device type to fully support all functions in SmartThings hub.
Developer Erocm123 has created a custom device type for LED Bulb and published it to Github for the public to use it. (https://github.com/erocm123/SmartThingsPublic/tree/master/devicetypes/erocm123)
SmartThings Hub Instructions for creating your own Device Handler:
Recommended LED Bulb Github code (Works great with V1.05)
Follow the steps below:
- Login to Web IDE (login here: https://graph.api.smartthings.com/)
- Click on "My Location" tab first
- Now select your gateway
- Now go to "My Device Handlers" tab
- Create a new Device Handler by clicking on "New Device Handler" button in the upper-right corner.
- Click on "From Code."
- Open up the link under "Direct Code" above
- Copy Erocm1231 code from Github (https://github.com/erocm123/SmartThingsPublic/blob/master/devicetypes/erocm123/aeon-rgbw-bulb-advanced.src/aeon-rgbw-bulb-advanced.groovy), and paste it into the code section.
(We suggest that in Github code, you click on "RAW" button", this will only display code and allow you to easily select all or highlight all by doing "ctrl + a" then when everything is highlighted, do "ctrl + c" to copy fast).
- Install it on your LED Bulb by going to "My Devices" page in the IDE
- Find your LED Bulb.
- Go to the bottom of the page for the current LED Bulb and click on "Edit."
- Find the "Type" field and select your device handler. (should be located at the bottom of the list as Aeon RGBW Bulb (Advanced)).
- Click on "Update"
- Save Changes