This page provides the steps to download and use SiLabs PC Controller 5 (Zensys Tools 5) as the ultimate management tool with your Z-Stick Gen5 and form part of the larger Z-Stick Gen5 user manual.
SiLabs now offers their Zensys Tools 5 for free as long as you sign up and create an account through Silabs. Zensys Tools 5 can be used with Z-Stick Gen5 or any Z-Wave USB Adapter as a method to debug your network or see more on how Z-Wave communicates through experimentation.
Notes - You may download the older PC Controller tool at the bottom of this article for version 4.76.
- Windows OS
- Z-Wave USB Adapter hardware
Follow these steps to download PC Controller 5.
- Click on this link here to create an account with Silicon Labs: https://siliconlabs.force.com/apex/SL_CommunitiesSelfReg?form=short (If you already have an account, please skip to step 3)
- Confirm your account via the confirmation email from Silabs.
- Now Login to your account.
- Download Simplicity Studio 5 here and select the OS you are using: https://www.silabs.com/developers/simplicity-studio
- Install Simplicity Studio 5, after installation, the interface should automatically open up.
- Read then agree to the SiLabs license agreement, then press Done.
- Login to Simplicity Studios with your SiLabs account.
- Wait for Simplicity Studios to finalize installation.
- Click on "Install by technology type (wireless, Xpress, MCU, sensors)"
- Check mark "Z-Wave", then click on "Next".
- Select "Auto" then click "Next".
- Click "Next".
- Read and then agree to the license agreement, then press next.
- Wait for it to install, this will take about 8+ minutes.
- After installation, Simplicity Studios will reset, press OK to reset your software and complete the installation.
How to open PC Controller 5 in Simplicity Studios.
- Open up Simplicity Studios
- Click on Tools.
- Scroll to the bottom and select PC Controller.
- Press OK.