This page contains the firmware update files for Range Extender 7 and forms part of the larger Range Extender 7 user guide.
- Resolves issue with difficulty including into a series 300 Z-Wave controller/gateway.
- Resolves Indicator CC command issues
- Fixed LED state (always off) when indicator GET is received.
- Fixed indicator Report value
Download Range Extender 7 V1.03
Before you update
Please make sure you download the correct Z-Wave Frequency and begin the update with the repeater as close as 10ft / 3m distance to your hub to avoid any possible firmware update issues to avoid bricking your device.
Update with an existing Z-Wave hub
In order to use the GBL update files, your Z-Wave gateway must support OTA firmware update. If supported, follow the steps from your Z-Wave Gateway to firmware update your Repeater.
Update using a Z-Wave USB Adapter
If your software does not support .GBL files yet, you can use PC Controller 5 (connected to any standard Z-Wave USB Adapter) by SiLabs to firmware update with GBL files. This software is a Windows exclusive.
You can find that PC Controller 5 here through Simplicity Studio: SiLabs Simplicity Studio
Following the update below, make sure that you have your Range Extender 7 at least 10ft from your Z-Wave USB Adapter during the update to avoid any failures.
- Follow the steps outlined here to get access to Simplicity Studio and PC Controller 5: https://help.aeotec.com/support/solutions/articles/6000226205-z-wave-command-class-configuration-tool-download-
- Download the correct Z-Wave Frequency firmware update for your Range Extender 7.
- Open up Z-Wave PC Controller software through Simplicity Studio
- Plugin your Z-Wave USB Adapter
- Click on the "Gear" icon and select the COM port your Z-Wave USB Adapter is connected to.
- Click on "Network Management"
- Click on "Remove", then tap the button on Range Extender 7.
- Click on "Add", then tap the button on Range Extender 7.
- Deselect all security options (this will help speed up your firmware update process), then press OK.
- Click and highlight your new Range Extender 7 Node.
- Click on the Home icon button on the top left corner.
- Click on OTA Firmware Update.
- Ensure your Range Extender 7 node is highlighted, then press Get.
- Under Firmware Update, click on the folder icon.
- Then select the firmware update file you downloaded on step 2 of these instructions, then click Open.
- Highlight Target 0 (under Firmware Targets:).
- Then click on Update.
- Wait a few minutes while you wait for the firmware update to finish.